White Wine Chicken
Often times, we find ourselves craving particular dishes but know we must abide by our food restrictions. This is a spin on an Italian classic – Chicken Francese. My favorite way to eat is without regret, and this entree (which also works great for leftovers) left me with a happy and healthy belly! Try it for yourself.
1 lb Thin Sliced Chicken Breast
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp Onion Powder
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Black Pepper (unless you must avoid)
2 Cloves Minced Garlic
2 tablespoons Coconut Oil
Juice of 1 Whole Lemon
½ cup White Wine
3 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 handful Fresh Flat Leaf Italian Parsley
- Clean the chicken and pat dry.
- Add the garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and optional pepper to each side of the chicken pieces.
- Heat your pan to medium heat, and add the coconut oil to melt.
- Cook the chicken on medium heat for about 10 minutes on each side, then remove, and set aside.
- Turn the heat down to medium on the pan, add the garlic, and allow to cook for about 1 minute.
- Add the chicken back in the pan, and carefully add the wine to de-glaze the pan.
- Add the lemon juice and olive oil. Allow to cook together for about 5 minutes so the alcohol will cook out.
- Finish with the fresh parsley and toss together.