Friday night rolls around and you’re about to sit down and enjoy a nice movie. At least, I was this week. Munchable snacks can so easily be carbs, sugar, or sodium heavy, and people tend to over-eat them without even noticing, especially when you’re watching a thriller! Homemade Kale Chips are an extremely easy way to enjoy your munchies without any guilt. Kale is a superfood packed with protein, vitamin A, vitamin C, and calcium. Enjoy to your heart’s desire!
One bunch fresh kale (Or for ease, which I chose, one packaged washed organic baby Kale)
2 teaspoons coconut oil (melted)
1 teaspoon mustard
1 teaspoon sea salt
- For fresh kale: wash, pat dry, and de-stem the leaves. The packaged is good to go as is.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, toss the kale, coconut oil, and mustard together. Mix gently but thoroughly. Everything should be lightly coated.
- Sprinkle the sea salt over the top of the kale leaves.
- Spread the kale out evenly on a pan or two, and sprinkle the sea salt over the top. It’s okay if some pieces overlap – in fact, I like them better that way!
- Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Remove and very gently remove the crispy kale. They can be fragile.